So I’ve been rocking the Galaxy Nexus for about a month now… some thoughts…
- This is one large screen. Contrary to my initial thoughts, it’s not overkill or just plain ridiculous. I am going to get used to this real quick!
- Biggest disadvantage with the size is that it feels the balance is off. There have been a couple of times when I will almost dropped it when operating with 1 hand
- Man this thing is *thin*, I can barely feel it in my pocket. The Pre while relatively unobtrusive, I always knew it was there… the Arrive, well let’s hope Nokia can produce some better form factors
- The reboot is fast! Love it!
- I continue to marvel at the multitasking implentation of WebOS, Ice Cream Sandwich is not bad, but still nowhere near as easy, fast or smooth as WebOS cards. HP really fucked this one up. I really hope that Microsoft is able to make a go of Windows Phone – in part because I really like the vision and where Microsoft is taking it, and in part I want to make it clear to HP that you can take an OS with paltry market share and build it into something reasonable with a little commitment!
- It rotates 90 degrees and 270 degrees but not 180 degrees. There is no landscape view for the launcher. After using my Pre I should be used to this but after using my iPad its seems quite glaring in its absence
- The volume rocker is too easy to hit, no matter how often I turn it up, it feels like the volume is permanently too low or muted
- The battery life is utter and complete dog shit. I have been debating if this is a deal breaker for me but since I just passed my 30 days, I guess I am stuck. I will have to look into some of the extended batteries I have recently seen on the market for this phone.