Ok Jeb’s in. The only question now is what is the Donald going to do? Tomorrow’s the announcement??
I really hope he runs. This election will just be so soo much more boring without him. If he doesn’t run, then I have to pin all of my entertainment hopes on Sarah Palin.
Actually, what I really want to see is a debate between Donald Trump and Sarah Palin. That or the two of them jello wrestling. Or jello wrestling while debating.
Some more thoughts on the Republican Primaries….
I just noticed that almost everyone running for President is either a Governor or a Senator. There is also a Neuroscientist, former CEO and whatever the hell Donald Trump is (ok fine, he’s not really running… yet???). But that’s it. Does that strike anyone as odd? For the millions of things people can do in this country, there seem to be really only 2 real entrees into the presidency.
Going back into recent history (well as far back as I can recall from memory without looking anything up), it seems that being Governor is a huge advantage to winning the White House. Obama is the only President who was previously a Senator. W, Clinton, Reagan and Carter were all Governors. Bush Senior was director of the CIA and VP (and probably some other stuff) so I have no idea where to put him.
Started this page on my take on the Republican primary nominees… will keep it updated as time goes on, things develop and as I learn more…
We saw the new Avengers movie last weekend. While I get that it is really hard to make a movie with that many main characters and not get muddled, this one was really a step down from the first. More galling was the fact that it struck me as the exact same movie as the first one, just more vague.
In both movies:
- Apparently, fighting bad guys is not enough, so for some reason, 2-3 of the Avengers fight amongst themselves
- After that, everyone goes to a home place to hang out and talk amongst themselves, for some reason. Some boring “character development”/exposition happens
- The Avengers start arguing amongst themselves
- One of the big strong guys just leaves/disappears
- The bad guy who wants to conquer/destroy the world, for some vague unspecified reason, starts his plan which ends in an invasion
- The big strong guy who ran away earlier, reappears just in time
- All the Avengers fight an army
- Iron man makes a grand gesture, seemingly sacrificing himself but doesn’t, proving he is not a self absorbed, narcissistic asshole, even tho he spends the entire movie showing that he is
In the late ’90s, in the heady days of the dot-com boom, there was one service which promised to be lifechanging. Kozmo.com promised to deliver anything in 1 hour (well anything they stocked). No more having to go out and brave bad weather, no more being stuck at the last minute when you need something. Laziness and sloth could prevail in a way never previously possible.
Have some decent time under my belt with this… some more thoughts:
- The GPS navigation implementation is utterly and completely terrible. It is seriously a hazard and will definitely get someone killed. There is no good way to look at the small display on your wrist while driving safely. I pretty much rely on the spoken instructions from my phone. The vibration on my wrist is somewhat useful tho.
- This leads me directly to my next observation about Android Wear in general… Continue reading
We saw this store the last time we were in Houston.
I am very amused by this. This to me is the definition of irony – you have to go inside to experience Outdoor World. This looks like a ride you would see at Disney World or maybe Las Vegas or even Dubai.
I don’t know why I even bother to use the GPS in my car anymore. The maps are out of date, the directions are just terrible and it generally behaves like an idiot.
Case in point:
“Quick” is not the quickest route. I guess it is just a relative statement. And what value does the “Alt” route have?? “Hmmm, let me show you 2 routes which get you to your destination and a third which just takes your wandering.”
Finally, why wouldn’t they have just spelled out Alternative instead of abbreviating it? Seems like there is plenty of space on the button for it and this is a fixed environment.
I can’t wait for proper Android Auto or Apple CarPlay implementations because the auto manufacturers have proven themselves incapable of properly implementing electronics.
Notification Hell redux
Now the damn thing is starting to show me travel times to random places. And I can only dismiss them… at least on the phone I can tell it to “not give me directions to that place.”